Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in their Master’s degree exams (in streams such as Humanities, Social Science, Electronic Science, Computer Science & Applications, etc) from a UGC recognised college/ university fulfill UGC NET 2018 eligibility criteria.
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on 1st July 2018.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Candidates possessing M. degree will be eligible for 3 years relaxation in age.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for CBSE UGC NET 2018 should have qualified the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.