UPSC Engineering Services Exam:
UPSC Recruitment 2018 2019 Apply Online Application Form for 581 Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts throughOfficial website www.upsc.gov.in. UPSC inviting the Engineering Services job Online applicationsfrom 26.09.2018 to 22.10.2018. Prospective candidates will have to apply before carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview, eligibility criteria, Offline registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee/intimation charges, UPSC pattern of examination, UPSC Syllabus, UPSC Question Paper, UPSC Admit Date Release Date, UPSC Exam Date, UPSC Result Date etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria before Applying
|Name of The Organization||
Union Public Service Commission
|Name Of the Posts||Various Posts|
|No of Posts||581|
Central Govt Jobs
|Application Mode||Online Process|
|Job Location||All over India|
Name of the Post & No of Vacancies:
- The first stage of examination of UPSC Engineering Services, i.e., the preliminary examination will be conducted on 06 January 2019. The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 581 including 34 vacancies for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) (23 vacancies for Locomotor Disability including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy cured, Dwarfism, Acid Attack victims and Muscular Dystrophy & 11 vacancies for Hard of Hearing). The selection procedure will consist of three stages- preliminary examination, main examination and personality test
|SI No||Name of Post|
|(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Engineering Service
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Civil Engineering Post)
(v) Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts).
(vi) Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service.
(vii) AEE(Civil) in Border Road Engineering Service.
(viii) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(ix) AEE(QS&C) in MES Surveyor Cadre
Mechanical Engineering Group-A Services/Posts
|(i) Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(v) Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO-II (Mechanical).
(vi) AEE in GSI Engineering Service Gr ‘A’.
(vii) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(viii) Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(ix) Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
(x) AEE(Mech) in Border Roads Engineering Service.
|i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(iv) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(v) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(vi) Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy
Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
|(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iii) Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’.
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service AWM/JTS (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
(v) Indian Telecommunication Service Gr ‘A’.
(vi) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).
(vii) Asstt. Naval Store Officer Grade-I(Electronics and Telecom Engg. Posts) in Indian Navy.
(viii) Junior Telecom Officer Gr ‘B’.
Eligibility Criteria :
- As per the recent UPSC notification 2018, the eligibility details like Educational Qualification & Age Limit for the Engineering Services job has given below.
|Name of Post||Qualification|
|Engineering Services||(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
(b) passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or
(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under suchconditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or
(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or
(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or (f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Group ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:‐
For Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engg. Posts)‐ M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject
For Indian Radio Regulatory Service – M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a subject or Master’s Degree in Science with Physics and Radio Communication or Electronics or Telecommunication as a special subject
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, 2019 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1998. (b) The upper age‐limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/ Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Post(s) mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible. The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST; 3 years for OBC, 10 Years for Persons with Disabilities (15 years for SC/ST PWD’s & 13 years for OBC PWD’s) and for Ex-S as per Govt. of India rules. Candidates Relaxation in Upper Age limit will be provided as per Govt. Rules. Go through UPSC official Notification 2018 for more reference
- UPSC may follow the following process to select the candidates.
|1.||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, Personality Test|
|Name of the Community||Fee Details|
|Pay the Examination Fee through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or Pay Offline|
How to apply ?
- Candidates satisfying the above eligibility conditions Use Following Procedure Given Below to Apply Online:
Step 1: Log on to UPSC Careers Page at official website to www.upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Eligible candidates are advised to open Notification
Step 3: Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about your eligibility
Step 4: Click on “Click here for New Registration”, if you are a new user.
Step 5: Fill your Academic Qualification & Other Related Information as per the instructions
Step 6: Ensure the information provided is correct
Step 7: Complete the Registration & Click on “Submit” & Make Payments
Step 8: Take a print out of online application for future use.
Important Dates :
|Starting Date for Submission of Application||26.09.2018|
|Last date for Submission of Application||22.10.2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fees||22.10.2018|
|Date of Examination||06 January 2019|